This site is not associated with The Passaways or ThetaDrop. All content is for entertainment purposes only and no guarantee is given as to its accuracy or fitness for any purpose. It is subject to change on a regular basis.
Rarity calculations are similar to those used by many other rarity sites. If you're interested in the theory behind the rarity calculations, this article gives a very good overview.
Each Passaway is ranked by:
Not all attributes are scored equally due to the following:
- The Stargazers collection already have unique bodies, so scoring the Collection and Body attributes separately for them would result in them being scored twice for the same attribute.
- Domeheads have the Dome attribute, and Featherheads have the Feathers attribute, so scoring those separately would result in a similar problem.
To resolve these issues, a combined Collection / Body / Dome attribute is created when calculating the scores, as is a combined Hair and Hats / Feathers attribute.
Note that the method used here to calculate a Passaway's rarity based on individual attributes has some shortcomings:
- Very rare attributes contribute significantly to the score. This could result in large changes in ranking in the earlier days of the project when some attributes are rare, but may not be as rare as more Passaways are minted.
- At lower rarity levels, where the bulk of the Passaways sit, Passaways can be very different in rank despite having similar scores.
- As the combination of attributes possessed by a Passaway aren't considered, the algorithm cannot determine the uniqueness of the Passaway as a whole.
- All the Passaways look great and are distinctly different regardless of the rarity ranking, so take this with a pinch of salt.